Patient Pathways Telehealth Nurse
A part of the Patient Pathways Program, the telehealth nurse provides a pathway for support for patients to access a coordinated comprehensive case management service, to talk about their experience and collect a repository of patient experience data that can inform future research, treatment, care, information and support across the health sector.
The program gives the opportunity to not only support patients and their families, but also implement a system to encourage community engagement and feedback in health and research.
It is important to also note that the nurse will not provide treatment advice. The main objective of this role is to develop tailored care plans, provide practical and emotional support, education and connection with existing services.
Areas of support that the Patient Pathways Telehealth Nurse provides:
- Assistance with navigating the healthcare system, accessing services and clinical trials.
- Education and information provision.
- Guidance to develop your ability and confidence to proactively manage your condition.
- Social and emotional support for members and/or their families.
- Support of patient care with external healthcare organisations and facilities.
- Support for ongoing patient care with families and carers following hospital admission, discharge, and accident and/or emergency visits.
- Reconnecting adults to clinic and supporting their return to Diet For Life.