Metabolic Dietary Disorders Association Inc (MDDA)
ABN 99 021 391 381
Version 1, February 2023
3 Material on the website
The information and resources on this website (“Materials”) are of a general nature only and are not intended to be used as a substitute for professional health advice. For a specific health problem, consult your doctor or contact your Metabolic Specialist in your state or territory. Material may be updated or amended from time to time. While MDDA endeavours to keep the information on this website accurate and up to date, we cannot guarantee that the website contains the latest or most accurate information, products or research. Where we have included materials provided by others, research, individual stories or links to other sites, the views expressed therein are not necessarily those of MDDA. The internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from this website may be intercepted or altered in transit. MDDA does not warrant that the website is free from anything which may damage any computer which accesses the website or data on such computer.
4 Limitation of liability
5 Copyright and moral rights
This website is maintained by MDDA. Unless otherwise indicated, MDDA reserves all copyright in the content and design of this website. MDDA owns all such copyright or uses it under licence or applicable law. The material contained on this website is intended for personal use only. You may make a temporary copy of part or all of this website on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing it, and print a single hard copy of a whole page of this website for personal use, provided that any copyright notice on such page is not removed. You may not otherwise: reproduce, adapt, store in a retrieval system, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the content or design of this website; any of the Material to be framed or embedded in another website; or commercialise any products, information or services on this website, without our prior written permission or as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968. All requests and enquiries in relation to copyright must be in writing and directed to the MDDA office [email protected], Suite 4/6 Thomas Brew Lane, Croydon 3136.
6 Social media statement
MDDA social media platforms aim to provide a safe, comfortable, respectful space for people living with all types of IEpM, people with an interest in IEpM, health professionals and researchers. We aim to publish posts that are informative, credible and useful.
7 Personal experiences and stories
If you would like to submit your story or experience to be considered for inclusion in the website, you will retain the copyright in the Story. However, by submitting the Story you:
- warrant that the Story is your creation and has not been copied from another person’s work;
- that we have sole discretion as to whether, and if so when, to publish the Story;
- agree to grant us a world-wide, permanent, irrevocable, royalty and licence fee free, non-exclusive licence (including the right to sub-license) to exercise and exploit the copyright in that Story;
- agree that MDDA may: (i) exercise any and all rights in relation to the Story, without identifying any person as the individual responsible for creating the Story; and (ii) edit, modify or alter the Story as they deem fit in their absolute discretion.
- you must not submit any information that is defamatory or otherwise breaches any other law.
8 Linking Policy
MDDA links to other sites: This website contains links to other websites that are not controlled by MDDA. While care has been taken in providing these links, MDDA is not responsible for the content on those sites and does not necessarily endorse their content. It is the responsibility of the web user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability, relevance and correctness of information found. To request a link be included from this website to your website, please email [email protected] indicating your website URL, the nature of your website, and the proposed link format. MDDA retains the sole discretion as to whether, and if so when, to include a link from this website to external websites. Linking to this website: MDDA encourages other sites to consider linking to this website. However, you must not link to any page of this website without our prior consent. If you wish to seek MDDA’s consent to link to this website, please email [email protected] indicating the website URL that will contain the link, the nature of your website, the proposed link format and which page of this website you wish to link to. MDDA will contact you if it consents to you linking to this website. Any linking must comply with any directions given by MDDA and:
- unless stated to the contrary, the link must be in the format of a text link reference to our website comprised of the words “MDDA”. You must not use any of MDDA’s trademarks, whether with an embedded URL or otherwise, without our prior written permission;
- a description of MDDA should be included, either immediately under or immediately next to the link. Unless stated to the contrary, the following set of words must be used when providing a description of MDDA with your link: ‘MDDA is the national peak body for IEpM in Australia’ you must not place or phrase links in any manner that is misleading or that implies that MDDA endorses, sponsors or approves of your website / product / service, or that you or your website is in anyway affiliated with MDDA.
9 Applicable Law